Thursday, October 17, 2019

Introduction

Hello !! 😀
Welcome to a thought provoking exploration of Americas attitude on firearms.

I wish I were somewhere else. I wish there were no need. I wish my mind would rest...
But, I'm not, there really is, and it won't.
These are all Druthers. "I would rather" is what druthers means. It is a squish of three words that I first heard of in the tales of Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer. It's a lazy mouth way of getting to the end of a sentence, yet still conveying the intent of the sentence. It is a colloquialism of middle America lightly used when thinking back on situations we wish were different.
Like everyone reading this, there are a lot of things in my life and my surroundings that I wish were different. 
I'druther things were different but they aren't.

You may have stumbled upon this blog or you may have been pointed here by a person or my book "American Druthers." Either way, you've come to a place where deep thought, compassion, patience, empathy and ideas including these things will be given their proper weight. 
For many different reasons, things we can't see are more important than those we do.

My name is Mike McNaney and I am a victim of American gun violence. I am also a card carrying American, U.S. Navy Desert Storm veteran, father of two, former small business owner and most important of all, a person with friends and family that I love and that love me.

Let's set the stage,
This will not be a rant blog or a hate blog or a whiney blog and I will refrain from as much negativity as possible. Although inherently negative on its own, this blog is about presenting our American attitude on firearms and exploring that attitude and the results without taking sides. Well, that's not exactly true, I am taking sides. I'm taking the side of those Americans that are tired of American gun violence. I am going to be a champion for the Americans killed here in the US by other Americans. I am going to champion the cause of those maimed by our gun violence issues and I am going to champion the friends and families of those killed and maimed.
I started this blog to write down the thoughts of the victims in conjunction with passing out my book all over the country. In a month or so, in the beginning of 2020, I will be traveling around the US on a pilgrimage to pass out as many books as I can.  I am going to follow our trail of domestic gun violence all over the country to try and ensure that this issue does not fade away until the next. I of course will be very busy. I am going to show up at vigils for victims, at town hall meetings, at wakes and at the steps of our government.
And it will all be covered right here in scribble, pics and video.
This of course sounds like I am possibly an anti-gun zealot, but I am not. I am a pro American life zealot and a pro humanity zealot. This blog is not so much about guns but rather, about the results. It's about our American attitude about guns and the people that use them.
I won't fixate on the tool, it's people that kill people with firearms. It's people that leave them available for inappropriate use by others. And it's people that seem to be incredulous on this subject.

On this blog I will allow all comments. I will not restrict people's ideals or thoughts. Just please think them through before posting. If you post a comment and it is worded in a negative way, it may be removed and you personally blocked from further comment or I may make it permanent and berate you at my leisure. Your choice. All positive comments and interactions are invited and welcomed.

If this topic is important to you or you want to know a lot more, may I recommend my latest book? I will be handing out as many as I can afford each month, or, it is available Here for purchase.

Travel by car is fairly cheap, I will be handing out books at my cost which is fairly cheap. I will be doing all of this at my cost, from my pocket. If you find my efforts acceptable and are in line with these efforts would you consider a donation to my trips across the country? I am not doing any of this for money. I have a monthly VA Disability pension that keeps me going. It is not much but I can live on it and no longer aspire to have a lot of money. I aspire to help America. If you can help and want to, you can make a small donation via PayPal to my efforts at macztuff@gmail.com Mark the gift as a donation or gift so I can keep track. Thank You... sincerely 😊
That email address is for my PayPay account only and will get no replies otherwise. I don't look at it for correspondence.
If you want to be heard, post a comment here on the blog or at sanegunsforamerica@gmail.com

Mac/

No comments:

Post a Comment